Saturday, November 28, 2009

My good ol' buddy Muktuk


So we are all loaded up ready to go to thanks giving dinner at my sister's with the swing, baby bag, etc...... ready to walk out the door. We have a mutha fuckin' flat. So I takes the car and air up the tire, limp it down to my shop, pull out the doughnut spare and put it on. At least it was dry changing the tire. Man it has been raining. We are supposed to go into a dry trend. I need to rake some leaves. The trim is done in Stella's room, so I loaded up all of the tools required to install trim, and took them back to the shop. Then last night I filled all of the thousands nail holes with wood filler. So today I am going to sand thems smooth. I need to caulk all of the trim and probably sand and fill some more. Then I can get primer on tomorrow. Or today. I made pastys last night as well. It is from an old Welsh recipe 1943circa, the filling is easy,the crust is my favorite to make. This was just flour, butter, and salt. I had to cut in the butter with two knifes into small pea size chunks. I later switched to my Ulu knife. Yeah.......all those who know Ulu's know what I am talking about. My good buddy muktuk gave it to me back when I was homesteading out on mile post 1328 of the Alcan. Anyway, the crust turned out perfect. The filling was browned turkey with veggies, even some turnips. Love me some beets. They are a little large, maybe 10 to 11 ounces. I would like to make them smaller. Maybe 6 to 8 ounces. I think Stella's head is getting bigger. She has gone through her ten day growth spurt and is looking a little different. Still shittin' diapers, that still remains the same. She will also turn her head when I talk to her. So I think that she recognizes me. I am, as you know just a food dispenser around this house.

No comments: