Friday, June 27, 2008
She looks to be ready
So the sun has just gone down here in Sun River. Tonaya is gettin' ready for her half Iron Man Triathlon tomorrow. We drove down to Sun River, outside of Bend from Portland thursday afternoon. I had to pour a concrete foundation for an addition that morning. So today we tuned up her bike and took her gear to the transition points. Transition points are where she goes from a wet suit to the bike and then to the run. It is a 1.3 mile swim, a sixty mile bike ride, and then a 12 mile run. She looks to be ready. Just two weeks ago she did an Olympic triathlon and then came home and cleaned house and played dance dance revolution. Today Tonaya's brother and sister in-law showed up to cheer her on. Tonaya's mom arrived a little later. It is around nine and Tonaya just went to bed, we are gettin' up at six and leaving at seven to take her to the starting point. We rented a small condo here in Sun River, very affordable. Our deck at ground level is right on the golf course. the 18th hole is just 50 yards from where I am sitting on the deck. So tonight we BBQ'd and had a good time. I will be taking lots of pictures for the race so I will post soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment