Sunday, January 28, 2007

as time goes by

My aunt Sheila died yesterday. She had a lot to do with my upbringing when I was young. I remember a lot of summers going down to Montana. My parents would ship me off from Alaska to go down and work on my Uncle Huberts farm. The summers were fucking hot. I remember it consistently reaching 105 or higher. One time it was 117. My aunt Sheila and Uncle Dwanyne owned the Malta Mercantile. When Hubert and I would come in from the farm we would stop at the Merc to get supplies of some sort. But you would alway go in to the office and have coffee and a doughnut with Shiela. She would always have these sunday dinners and there was always three generations of Simantons in some sort of age bracket there.
We are getting on the Amtrak to go to Malta for the funeral on Wednesday. The funeral is on Saturday.

No comments: