So we are experiencing some record weather here. I think it is going to rain two inches by the morning. Too bad it isn't a little colder. I would really like some snow to shut down the city. No such luck. It is 50 degrees and windy. There seems to be some of the city without power. Tonaya and I went to a x mas party for one of the places where she works. Tin House ( a literary publication for non-fiction and poetry) had a catered party in one of the more ritzy lofts in one of the buildings in the Pearl District last night. REI is one of the tenants on the first floor. We attended the party with was on the 11th floor. We had a 180 degree view of the city. I was completely under dressed, Dickies shorts, beer t-shirt, rod lavers, and I had my hair slicked back. I talked with quite a few people. The whole Tin House crew got trashed. Good crowd.
It tis' also the season for 'seasonal brews'. Deshutes Brewery every year puts out Jubelale. It is a dark ale that is very addictive.
We also went to an open house/x mas party at the Cathedral loft/storage/office spaces that I have posted pictures about. It was at noon today and had a lot of people who occupy the joint. I don't know if I want to rent a storage space there. They are renting office spaces for between $150-200 a month. They are big, 12x12 rooms. It had a cool vive down there. Really creative atmosphere. I am undecided now on what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment