
Well fall is here. Overnite. So it is time to park the blazer and start the ritual of raking leaves. It will be warm this week during the days and fairly dry. Craig from Duluxe fuel came over Saturday and we installed the new furnace. It is a new furnace that came out of somebodys house that converted to gas. So bacically the furnace cost me a case of beer. I think that it is only a year old. It is a major improvement over the old one. It seems like only yesterday that we lived in the basement, I think that even Simone and Kegan lived with us in the basement for a spell. It was cozy. Simone came over this weekend and helped me with the huge mess. I really appreciated that. We are scheduled to start the paint of the house. The plumbers are going to finish up this week. We are having a guy come over who is going to bore two pipes underground from the water meter to the basement. This will replace the existing line which is galvanized and slowly becoming smaller in diameter with all of the mineral deposits. Then the electricians will be here the following week. Then insulation. Then maybe some sheetrock. GET-R-DONE. Under some tootilage from my boss, I am being disciplined with my tasks and finishing them and not straying.
So I have a new truck now. With the money that I saved from the cube van and the other toyota truck sales, I have purchased a new used truck. It is an 83 Toyota longbed. My lumber rack fits it perfectly. The motor is rebuilt with about 10,000 miles on it. I love it. People who put after market sunroofs in vehicles should be shot. This truck has a sunroof. The sunroof leaks. So I took some foil backed high adhesive duct tape ($32 a roll) and taped up the sunroof. Leaks gone. Function before fashion. I can always cut a new top for the truck and weld it in. GET-R-DONE! So look at the pics.
I guess the other big news is that Tonaya and I are going to have a baby. Yes, a little human that requires around the clock attention. My sister sure has done well with Kegan. I like Kegan too. I even took care of her for three weeks while simone was in the hospital. They are like a truck..........they require gas, spark, and the occasional tune up to operate properly. Kids require food, cleaning, and the occasional tune-up to keep them in line. (If you know me you will see the humor) Tonaya and I went to the Portland Center for Reproductive Medicine. The first step was the consultation. This is basically a preliminary run of how the process is going to happen. The hardest part of the process is going to be the picking the suragate. She will carry the Tonaya's fertilized egg to delivery. There is a lot to this. We have had 20 responses to our request for a suragate. the process of finding the suragate, the tests, the fertilization, the nine months, and then a brand new baby will take about a year and a half. The ball is in motion. We are pretty excited. We had a fight about it last nite. But we always talk about what is wrong and figure it out and move forward. It is going to be a long hard trip, but I am not worried. It is like when we were living under blue tarps and it was raining, she would tell me to stay in bed and she would go and push the broom up under the tarps and get the water off the tarps. Thats' why I married her, we are a team. We want this and we will make it. More later.
I am now trying to sell stuff on Craigs List. Its a good way to burn time. Well the pizza is here. Ryan, Tonaya's brother is staying here, and it is time for some carbs........
1 comment:
wow.. fat pants got butterflies... BABIES? I thought you were going to wait. congrats. wow. YAY MORE BABIES!!!!!! I love you. and yes saturday was fun.
Post a Comment