Sunday, August 14, 2005

The 'Sale'




So we decide to pull together the garage sale at the last minute. Tonaya really rose to the challenge and had everything ready. We say "lets invite Simone!" So now we have a good mix of crap. Everybody is a little rough from the nite before. I think one of the sellers had vanilla raspberry vodka drinkies on the rocks to beat the heat. Me, nothing like a cloudy IPA. Someone brought some doughnuts to the sale to help the low blood sugar level, we had to set up that morning. To start things off, the hard core buyers came by. Then the I need breakfast before we shop crowd came. Then the sale hit the skids. My parents came by....Then it was pretty slow. We wanted to have a BBQ that nite. Eric and Tammy came over. It was nice, kind of low key. So we are eating dinner, and all of the sudden we have 'twilight shoppers." Out next door neighbor was having a baby shower, tons of people, and they came over and bought crap. Then we had neighbors coming by and buying were stuff as well. Our street was like a festival after dark. We left everything as it was for the next day. We had people buying stuff at nine this morning. Usually Sundays are slow for a garage sale, not us. We had three people who bought shit and never came back to get it. I sold stuff I thought nobody would buy. Simone, Kegan, and Tonaya hung out the whole weekend. It really makes me happy when the family can have some cocktails and come together. Kegan is kind of weird to look at and watch. She is so mature and is fun to hang out with. I am taking notice of how the whole family is changing and dynamics are changing with how we interact. So I don't think the girl who bought all of the belly dancing outfits, the 6' and large women who bought one candle holder, and the dude who I see all the time when I walk Astrid are coming back to retrieve their treasures. So Tonaya and I cleaned up, I took a whole truck load of stuff that we did not sell to the Salvation Army. I am back and having happy hour with my wife(see pic) and I am going to relax. I recant all mean things that I have said previously.

No comments: