So it is around eight tonight and I just got the truck put together correctly. I had Robert from Superior Performance come over to my warehouse to work on my truck. He offered actually. We double checked most stuff and got the oil pump rod into the 5:30 position to set the HEI distributor in the correct number one position. We got it set and he made some adjustments and it idled fine. So he left and I took it for a drive to mess with the timing. Well it ran like crap.... So I stood and looked at my motor for what seemed like hours. I'm like, there is only one thing left that I have not changed out, the distributor. So I talked with Robert telling him about one of my hunches, witch have been spot on, and said we have had problems with the distributor from day one and I think I am going to get a new one. He said don't buy one of the aftermarket ones from an auto parts haus, go to a junk yard and buy a true blue GM factory HEI distributors from a running vehicle. So Robert's wife sourced one out from a local salvage yard. I drove over. Plopped down 50 bucks, reset the oil pump rod and dropped it in. This distributor was just hanging on the wall with 50 others all oily and beat up lookin'. Well I dropped it in and hooked up the spark plug wires for the 100th time and fired up the truck. It ran like a raped ape. I could not believe it. So I had enough of the shop and had to come home.......in my own truck.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2
So it is around eight tonight and I just got the truck put together correctly. I had Robert from Superior Performance come over to my warehouse to work on my truck. He offered actually. We double checked most stuff and got the oil pump rod into the 5:30 position to set the HEI distributor in the correct number one position. We got it set and he made some adjustments and it idled fine. So he left and I took it for a drive to mess with the timing. Well it ran like crap.... So I stood and looked at my motor for what seemed like hours. I'm like, there is only one thing left that I have not changed out, the distributor. So I talked with Robert telling him about one of my hunches, witch have been spot on, and said we have had problems with the distributor from day one and I think I am going to get a new one. He said don't buy one of the aftermarket ones from an auto parts haus, go to a junk yard and buy a true blue GM factory HEI distributors from a running vehicle. So Robert's wife sourced one out from a local salvage yard. I drove over. Plopped down 50 bucks, reset the oil pump rod and dropped it in. This distributor was just hanging on the wall with 50 others all oily and beat up lookin'. Well I dropped it in and hooked up the spark plug wires for the 100th time and fired up the truck. It ran like a raped ape. I could not believe it. So I had enough of the shop and had to come home.......in my own truck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment