Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Just a little sun.........please
We are finally getting some sunshine. It helps so much right now. It sort of gives you energy. I have been working everyday. I am sort of used to it. I still really love school. I am finishing with my classes for the term three weeks early. Since students work at their own pace with the welding projects, you can start classes that you are signed up for next term. I have just completed all of my welding projects in the 3G and 3F positions. Which is basically welding vertically. It is the toughest position to get comfortable with. Today I start all of my welding overhead projects. If you keep the arc close to the base metal, drops of metal don't drip on your head. One of my clients is having me build a metal gate for her. Only this gate will have a decorative copper faux planter with 1/8" steel stems with stamped flowers growing through the bars. It is going to be very cool. I am hoping to get more projects like this. When I do this gate I will make two of them. Like Norm Abrahms does on his show on PBS, New Yankee Workshop. This way when we have our open house at our new warehouse space I can have some work to display. We (2 other vendors and me) finally got our tools and crap moved. We are having fun making work areas. Steel, woodworking, negative air area for fabrication, and an office. I will start taking pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment