Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So..............used too many times

So I did some work at my parents house yesterday. They are out of town this week and the work is in their bedroom. So it was perfect timing. They had some water damage to the sheet rock covering the ceiling. So I covered everything with painters plastic, in comes in a 400ft. roll and is 12 feet wide when you unroll the length you need. You just cut it off like saran wrap. So the bed is covered, book cases, dressers, walls, and I made a wall of plastic encircling the area that I had to cut out. So, my parents have two younger cats that were watching everything that I did. So I went downstairs after putting up all the plastic to get some tools and such. So I am coming up the stairs and it sounds like I have left the door to the bedroom door open and the wind is gusting through the plastic, no, the boys have taken it upon themselves to see how much they can tear down and pull off the furniture, it was so funny. So I had to close the door and keep them out of the work area........they are busy bodies.
So Tonaya is back in town this week and then she leaves for Las Vegas this Sunday. So we have a long list of stuff to have in order before she leaves. So I think that she will be gone for 12 days. So there is lots to do. I am tired of starting my sentences with so, so I think that I will stop.
I met with a couple last night who live directly right across the street from two clients. I worked on both houses last year. They are going to have a baby in April some time and want to update their bathroom. I seem to attract people who are on the verge of delivery who want work done before the baby comes. Edgar's wife was asking how long she would be with out a bathtub. I gave her a little dose of reality. Six weeks. She would like to go on vacation for ten days and come back to her beautiful bathroom. I had to remind her that Edgar would be doing the sheetrock and paint and trim. He has been doing work to the back area of the house and still is not done yet. So with that in mind we all kind of laughed and I said I wish that I had a crew of 50, a tv show and could send her to Disney World and have live updates of her remodel. But it wont be happening that way. We will put a temp shower in the basement and I will be
crackin the whip with Edgar.
One of my vendors who does green countertops, recycled paper, concrete and such had their fab/installer go to the hospital with some sort of problem with his appendix. So I am helping them with the install today. He is going to be directing me and another fabricator that they use do the install. It should be fun.

No comments: