Saturday, April 05, 2008

rittin' and gottin'

Man I can't believe that I have not rittin' in the blog at all this week. It was really busy and the sun was out. I guess that can have a lot to do with it. Yes the thermostat to the right has gottin' a little hotter. Lee, who is one of Tonaya's boss's at Tin House donated 50 bucks for INCIID. Then Tonaya went out to Laurelwood restaurant and met with some women from her SURRO talk group that she discusses issues with online. Well, they had a lovely time and one of the women, made a huge donation to our fundraiser. $500. Just out of the blue as everybody was leaving she hands Tonaya a check. The kindness of people continues to amaze me.
So today we are helping Ryan and Ali move into their new house. They are literally moving 6 blocks away from us. Many hands make small work of a big ol' pain in the ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you post a quick blurb on exactly how to donate to your INCIID cause (Make the thermometer rise over there)? Should one donate directly to you or can we go through the INCIID site and direct that it is a donation for you & Tonaya? Us out-of-staters are unsure of where we can contribute.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys, $800.00???? Awesome! I was one of the ladies at dinner that evening (the cheap one, ok just broke, not cheap). It was lot's of fun getting together with everyone that night. I knew Leah handed a donation check to you guys and I thought that was just the kindest of hearts on their part. I am thrilled to hear how much they donated to such a loving cause. I don't know you yet Thor, except for what I read on your blog, but I do know that you two deserve to be parents. As my sister said to me one day..."it's so said these days where there are children with no parents, and parents with no children. That's what I feel for you two...parents just waiting for your children. Keep the faith and believe it will be your day soon to be holding your beautiful, long awaited baby(ies). Good Luck you two!


Vicki~A blessed mom through surrogacy to my sweet girl Naomi