Saturday, November 03, 2007

"its not broken.....its British!"




For sale mid 90's Range Rover with new suspension. Yep, thats right. I am swapping out the factory air bag self leveling system in the RR for a coil conversion. They are kind of like Volkswagens once you pull one apart enough. Like I did in high school with all of mine. We are doing the upgrade out in the driveway and then we are putting her on CL to sell. One of Tonaya's friends has a newer Toyota Carola with only 80K or so miles on it. And it gets 35mph. The Range Rover gets I think about 15mph. Kind of like my 72 chevy blazer. I was actually looking forward to the job on the RR. Pretty easy job, I talked to the mechanics at the shop where we take it when it has a problem I can't take care of and they said it was pretty easy. They were going out fishing with there brand new aluminium boat. Wreching on Rovers seems to be easy money. Don't get me wrong, I like to be able to work on my own rigs. Its just that British rigs drive me nuts.
I am going to put a 'air ride technologies' suspension on my new company truck. I bought a 68' chevy short bed for running to the lumber yard for materials. That way when I pull up I can drop frame down onto the asphalt which will make it easier to put materials into the bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, that is the most thinly veiled excuse for a truck mod that I have ever heard. "will make it easier to put materials into the bed". OK, I'm calling BULLSHIT.

It'll make it look bitchin but spare us on the "its for work honey" excuses. Its cause we're guys, about to turn the BIG 4-0 and need to have a rad ride!

Now I need to work on my excuses on why I need a mid-life crisis Miata.

Killer truck by the way, I'm jealous

Weston