So I finished the race......and I didn't come last. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and I did. I have to say that the swim was the toughest part of the race. I still am not really conditioned as a swimmer. I finished in the middle of the pack swimming. My bike part of the race was strong. My run was ok, I just kept a nice pace and finished strong. There were still people leaving for the run as I was coming in. I am going to post some pictures, even though I look like an overstuffed hotdog in my wet suit.
So after the race we came home and had lunch and took a shower. Then we were off to my mom and Nancy's concert recital. There were a lot of people there. Probably about 80. As soon as it was done Tonaya, Dean, Cindy and I hustled home and prepped for the after dinner celebration. A big group of people came over and we had food and drink with great conversation. Dean and Cindy had to fly back to Alaska tonight and Dave's brother Martin had to drive back to Seattle after dinner. So we stayed until around seven and came home. I am tired and I am going to go and sit in the chair and watch a little tv....
No comments:
Post a Comment