Happy holidays from Everett Washington. So yesterday morning Tonaya,Ali,Ryan,Astrid,Roxy, and Kiezer all loaded up in the Rover to drive up to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. The drive went well for the most part. There were a couple of times when we were stopped on the freeway. The trip normally takes about four hours, it took us around five. We had dinner at around six. There was lots of food. I only had one plate. For dessert we had homemade pumpkin and pecan pie........on one plate with whipped cream. Oh yea, I broke a filling and swallowed it.
So this morning we had blueberry pancakes and morning star sausage. I put peanut butter and blueberry jam on my pancakes. No lunch. We went to the new outlet mall in Everett. People were crazed with buying. Tonaya was looking for some new interview clothes. I just watched people, have meltdowns, eat, and smoke.
So I have not connected with any of my family members this weekend. My parents are at the coast on a retreat with the fellows from Stanford. They all rented a house on the Oregon Coast and are catching up with each other. I called my dad down in Las Vegas. He could not talk, he was at friends house carving a prime rib and would catch up later. I'm glad to see he with friends and is being sociable. Simone, Big Jimmy, and Kegan(maybe Thea)were going to eat Turkey dinner at home. I talked with Simone early Thursday and she had made (2)batches of cookies, pies, and was putting the turkey in. She is quite the cook. We are maybe going to try to have a dinner once a month at either Simone's,Stablers, or at the Thompson house. It seems to be good for the soul.
So it is Friday night at Tonaya's mom's house and we are going to watch some movies. I think Prarie Home Companion is the first one to watch. Then we are going to watch Nacho Libre.
So we are all going to load up and leave Grandma's house in the morning and go to IKEA for some swedish meatballs. Ali is very excited about IKEA. Ryan just said he is going to maybe look online so he can focus while he is shopping in person at IKEA.
So it will be nice to spend Sunday getting ready for the week. I am going to see about going to the dentist on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment