Yesterday was kind of wierd. I crunched through my day knowing that the final hour was about to come. There was no joy in firing someone.
This weekend Tonaya is going on a retreat with Astrid. She has been planning this for months. She is going to go to the coast and stay in a 'yurt'. It is a cylinder shaped structure with a wood floor and a tee pee style roof. Tonaya is going to go and spend the whole weekend writing. Sounds pretty cool.
I am going to rake up all the leaves in the yard and start composting them in the chicken coop. It is definately time to winterize the outside with all of the lawn furniture and the porch swing. I am going to tarp everything and place it under the deck. I am going to clean and seal the deck for the winter as well. Now that is getting cold enough to turn on the furnace, I need to put weather stripping in the jamb for the french doors entering our apartment/unit from the foyer entry. A far cry from the last winters where the foyer was unfinished, we had no french doors, and all that covered the opening was layered sleeping bags and blankets. It worked. It is going to be sunny this weekend, so I should be able to get a lot done.
Tonight we are going to go square dancing with another couple (Deb and Dave). That wife of mine is always full of surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment