Sunday, October 22, 2006
the leaves are gone
Yesterday was the perfect fall day. It was warm in the sun, yet it was still crisp. After 6 years I finally have the leaf removal from my yard perfected. I have gone from no leaf picking up. To get them in a pile in the street, thinking that the leaf truck will come and scoop them up. To last year paying Kegan and Simone to put them in the recyling bags (which sat for so long), to this year. This year I put some leaves in the chicken coop. I also put some into the side yard beds for composting. Then there was the 3 truck loads of leaves that I took to the recyling place. It worked great, I layed out a blue tarp on the street and then pushed the leaves onto the tarp. Then I grabbed the four corners and dragged it up an old door leaned onto the tailgate, and into the bed of the truck. I have always dredded the large amount of leaves that fall. Not this year. I turned on the furnace for the first time yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment