So it is now 2:30 am pacific time friday morning. Wednesday Weston and I loaded up and went to Seward. We stayed with his father-in law CJ who has a house on the bay. As soon as we got there CJ was bringing out fist fulls of beer and cheese and crackers. Typical for Alaskans. Nothing but hospitality. Then Mark and John showed up(best friends from high school) and we went out on Resurection Bay in Weston's brand new boat. It is a 22' CDori. Very sea worthy. The bay was calm and we drove around the bay for an hour. It was really nice. So I brought my romeo slippers to wear for boating and such and I discovered that I only brought 2 left boots. I took some heat for that one. So when we went to the fishing supply coop they had my favorite romeo slippers right there on the shelf with the waffle stopper soles, Weston was the one who discovered them though. If Weston hadn't of seen them I probably would of work Rod Lavers the whole time. So after the boat trip we went back and drank some beers and talked politics with Clearance Joseph(he hates that name so it is CJ). We went to bed late and then got up the next morning and pulled Weston's boat out of the slip and parked it in the yard. Then we had some breakfast and went down to Kenai Lake to drop in at the start of the river. So we were on Weston's other boat which is a pontoon float boat. It was a 3 hour float trip. Half way we stopped on an Island to slay some salmon. Only it is hard to slay salmon when you are standing out in the river and they are jumping in front of you and not taking your hook. Anyway we all caught some salmon, except for Weston and had a pretty good time.............teasing Weston about not catching anything. We fished for about 4 hours. Then we jumped back on the pontoon boat and floated the remaing part of the river. We got to the end of the float route and pulled the pontoon boat onto shore and pulled the truck up. We took to trucks to the river, one at the end and one at the begining. So when you get to the end of the trip you all get in one vehicle and go back to the start. So we start heading back and we almost run out of gas, but we don't, and we got home at around 12:30, and we start drinking beers, and I start loading pictures, and here I am now. So these are all pics from the trip to Seward: my feet, multiple pics of Weston& Mark & John and me, floating on the Kenai River, out in the bay, and just some pictures around Girdwood.
I am sorry but the pictures from 'Good Time Charlies' did not come out for some reason. It is a shame, because there was some quality conversation to be had by all. Even if the girls were naked.
This first picture is a photo of my feet. I thought a lot today about life and what is most important while looking at my feet. Most importantly, my wife. Trying to forget about work. How my friends from high school are are still the same, still cool.
Well tomorrow is the reunion. I am glad I came........
No comments:
Post a Comment