Monday, April 10, 2006

Day Two with Minnie and Ida

Well we are very excited about the chickens. One of our cats is very interested in what is going on. One could care less. Astrid thinks that she would like to be a chicken and play in the pen all day. So I am very satisfied with the perimeter/structure of the coup. I added a little more chicken wire in some areas tonight. Now we are pondering what to do to have a dry area for the girls. I think I am going to make a lean to at the old tomato planter. I thought about my uncle and mom tonight. When I was a kid, my mom sent me to my uncle's to work on his farm. It was the best time of my youth, except for playing on a traveling hockey team. Both are about the same. When I was mending some of the fence and working on other areas, I was thinking about what my uncle would do to keep the food dry. Once when I was working on making a new deck on the house for my uncle, I was all about getting new wood and gettin' fancy. He was all about using what you have and being creative. So that is what I did for the most part on the coup. Of course I had to buy some stuff. But I think me and esposa are pretty happy with what we did. My uncle Hubert, his wife Carol, always worked together. I think a lot of me and how I interact with Tonaya has a lot to do with watching them as I grew up. I wonder if they read this.

No comments: