Saturday, March 04, 2006

Easy Money




So I spent this Saturday making some side money. My friend wanted some easy stuff done. His girlfriend and her nine year old daughter are moving in. So in the kids room I cut a hole in the wall and put in a new vinyl window and trimmed it out. My friend can't really fix anything. So I go over and do about ten things in one shot. There is some weird gratification in being able to complete a bunch of small tasks, unlike tackling one big project. So I thought I would get more of a reaction to my comments about how kids are just like dogs. You yell 'load up' and they just get in back of the truck and are happy to be going someplace. Does anybody know what the comment section is for? Anyway you don't have to comment if you don't want to. Anyway my friend has a huge mastiff/blood hound / lab mix of a dog, and I took Astrid and Wanda (dog sitting her) to play all day in the yard with Wilbur. They had a great time playing and the sun actually came out today. The sun actually set at six pm yesterday. It has not set that late since October 05 some day. Tonight the 'esposa' and I are going to the Twilight Room to play a little cards and have a couple of drinkies. I am really tired, but it is only a 5 block walk. I think I will crush her at cards. We are selling the Mercedes wagon. Some poor dumb hippie is going to buy it probably. I think I will make them sign off on a disclosure of all the problems they might incur. We have had that thing for three years, and not one problem with that mutherfucker. Whoever gets it will probly get another 300 thousand miles.

No comments: