Sunday, February 26, 2006

We have a guest this week!

So we have a guest with us this week. Her name is Wanda. She is Astrid's favorite playmate. Wanda just puts up with Astrid. No, I think they really like each other. They play in the yard down at the office everyday. Just a big fenced in yard to run in and eat cat poop. Mmm almond roca chez kitty. Wanda's parents, Eric and Tammy are on vacation. Whenever we need someone to watch over Astrid, they are always there. So that is really cool. Plus I like Wanda. I have taken them out for the past two days in the truck for a field trip. What do they do? They fuckin fall asleep. Just like a kid. Oh.....Look I just got another e-mail from my wife. I bet it is another adoption thing for a play mate for Astrid. I think that we could make it work. Good practice for when the twins come! Two cats, two dogs, and two kids.
So about the house. I guess we need at least a 12' fence for 'Moose' a 3 year old mastiff. Sorry got of on a tangent. We are getting the Final Inspection on the house on Tuesday. I had some preliminary inspections with the city this week. So we are good to go on that note. We are learning more and more about the 'refinance' game. I am having some poker face right now. I am letting my current loan officer think about what he offered to me over the weekend. I thought his commission was a little high. Plus if they try to tack on some 'unknown' closing costs I am going to lose it. It is all just a game. They are like used car salesman. I love sticker shock. When I give a client a Scope of Work, I like to see them wiggle a bit. Then it is over. I am so tired to this house refinance stuff. I want summer. I want renters. I want to make my wife dinner and have happy hour around the fire on the deck and relax.
I guess I am going to my 20 year reunion. I just spoke with my good friend Weston Smith. We were talking about coming up a week early and seeing Alyeska, Homer Spit, and Seward. We might float the upper Kenai. I am really excited.

No comments: